6.25.2009

A place for inspiration

Combining word of mouth and the Internet is just an unstoppable duo. I discovered the blog, Grey Likes Weddings, after talking to a photographer friend and it might just change my life. Really, it might! Blogs like this exist to help brides and event planners alike! Right now, when I need a bit of inspiration while planning an event or preparing for a bridal consult this is where I look for that light bulb moment.

Do you have colors and ideas in your head, but don't know how to translate them to something all your vendors will understand? Email Summer of Grey Likes Weddings. In a brief email, layout your colors, season and whatever decisions you've already made. Here's what I recently requested during a dry spell.


My Request: Glamorous, elegant, winter wedding with a more muted color pallet than the often used black and white.


Result: A story board that was precisely what my heart was yearning for...subtle colors, but heavy in the glamour department!




Planning for winter weddings is in full swing right now, do your best to go beyond the traditional and reach for something that speaks to your soul. It can be hard to get into the groove of thinking 'cold' and 'winter' in the hottest months of the year, but you'll be glad you did when your December or January affair arrives.

Stephanie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails