1. Use tall centerpieces to keep a table conversational.
2. Find unique and interesting containers.
3. Mix flowers and candles to provide a glowing atmosphere.
4. Use containers and centerpieces in odd numbers (usually 1, 3 or 5). Our eyes are naturally drawn to things grouped in odd numbers.
5. Submerge Flowers. This is a personal favorite. I love the clean look of glass cylinders and yet you still get a pop of color.
I really suggest that you choose more than one height for your centerpieces. Again, we're naturally drawn to odd numbers so maybe try 3 centerpieces. Use equal numbers of tall, medium and short centerpieces.
Here's a possible layout:
1. Use something tall and thin enough to see around and be conversational.
2. Opt for submerged flowers for the medium height.
3. Use a collection of low mercury glass and low rectangular floral arrangements.
Post links to your favorite centerpieces in the comments section, and I'll do a follow up post with reader favorites!