3.21.2011

Getting a Little Personal

I rarely post about my personal life. I try to keep things in perspective....why do you want to hear about my little life. I think the last time I posted something personal was when my sweet nephew joined us! This time it's all about me. :)

On Monday I received 3 red roses and a note, followed by 6 on Tuesday and 9 on Wednesday. It appears my sweet love, Mr. NY, can count by 3! Lucky me! I was expecting him to send 12 on Thursday and then show up on Friday. I didn't get the roses on Thursday and when he called to see if my now daily delivery had arrived I had bad news for him. No roses! I'm pretty sure I was a little bratty about it. You won't believe how quickly a girl can get used to receiving roses every day!

He sounded so irritated on the phone and promised to call the florist and find the flowers. I fell right into his plan and believed every word. Five to ten minutes later the doorbell rang. Guess who was at my door??? The best looking delivery man I've ever seen! He was all dressed up and came bearing a dozen red roses! I screamed, "What are you doing here?", and I don't think it was pretty. He had to take a little step back away from all my excitement.

Seeing him and the roses would have been plenty, but as soon I stopped screaming he started telling me all the sweet and wonderful things he's supposed to say and then got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him!!!!

I'm officially engaged!

Here are a few pictures from my iphone. Sorry they're not the best quality. I'll have better pictures coming soon. Promise!

Squinting from excitement? (mental note: I must get the good pics off my camera soon!)

The ring fits perfectly. (always a girl's worst nightmare....who wants a ring that is too small?!?)

And it's exactly what I wanted!!! We didn't look at rings together. My only requirement was round brilliant and sparkly! :D

BTW....I'm wearing OPI's You Don't Know Jaques. It's my favorite OPI color! I had an Axxium Gel Manicure! It's my real nails with a gel polish and is supposed to last 2-3 weeks. It's holding up pretty well so far.

Happy Planning! Now I get to join you!!!

1 comment:

C Roberts said...

I'm so happy for both of you! I hope you have as much fun planning as I did!

Related Posts with Thumbnails