1. It must be pretty, but doesn't need to be fussy.
2. It must taste amazing and not be dry. Tiers of carrot and red velvet, please.
3. No fondant. It's just not my favorite with the aforementioned carrot and red velvet. (The groom's cake will likely have fondant, but that's a secret cake not to be revealed until the wedding day.)
4. It must feed several hundred people.
5. No cake topper. It's just not for me.
While I love super ornate cakes, I really want something that looks very homemade. Maybe a cake my grandmothers could have whipped up for a childhood birthday, but on a grand scale. Creamy white. Fluffy with the addition of flowers to give it some sophistication.
Here are my inspiration cakes:
Via: Style Me Pretty
Via: Junebug Weddings
Cake Stand: Sweet and Saucy Supply
(You must check out all the cake stands at Sweet and Saucy! They are pretty much to die for.)