Here are my favorite guestbook alternatives:
1. Jenga Guestbook -Each person signs a Jenga block and the bride and groom play every year on their anniversary. I LOVE it!
Via Oh Lovely Day
2. Thumbprint Guestbook -There are different variations on this idea, but everyone inks their thumb and adds it to a canvas. I would still want a traditional guestbook alongside to capture individuals' names.
3. Vintage Typewriter Guestbook -Each guest types a message to the bride and groom with a vintage typewriter. This goes very well with vintage and Anthropologie style weddings.
4. Canvas Guestbooks -There are many options for guests to sign a canvas to hang in your home. I recently ran across this canvas and love it's unique design!
5. Coffee Table Book Guestbook -There are a plethora of great coffee table books full of beautiful photography. Choose one of your favorites and have your guests sign the white space around the photos. Then you can leave it on your coffee table and when you glance through it you will be reminded of the wonderful celebration. (Barnes & Noble's bargain section always has a lot of great photography books on the cheap!)
Via White Thread